May is upon us!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Memorial Day!
This Month is full of celebration, so let’s get our homes in shape for every event. use the following tips to keep your home in the best condition through the rest of spring and into the summer.
1) If you have not done so all ready, you can turn on your sprinklers (in Colorado). Check for leaks or broken components due to winter or age. Fix ASAP to save your water bill for the upcoming months.
2) Clean gutters. Inspect gutters to ensure all spikes, straps and clips are tight. Use a garden hose to flush debris through downspouts. Make sure water is directed at least 3 feet from the foundation of your home.
3) Wash windows inside and out. use a solution made of 3 tablespoons of non-sudsy ammonia to one gallon of water. don’t clean in direct sun to prevent streaks.
4) Have central A/C unit checked and serviced per manufacturers recommendation. Clean all debris away from condenser.
5) Remove mineral deposits from faucet aerators and shower head by soaking parts in white vinegar and scrubbing with an old toothbrush.
6) Dust all ceiling fan blades for best performance.
7) Full house drain flush. Fill up your tubs and your sinks with hot water and let them drain at the same time. This will help keep the main line a bit cleaner.
If you need any assistance with repairing any issues you find during your spring home inspection, or would like a home consult, or have any other home project needs, click the “contact” tab on the right and let Screw Loose? LLC take care of the rest.
Thanks for your time, I hope this helps……….