Today, Screw Loose? LLC teamed up with Studio-Shed to assist them in building a prototype for new style of Studio Shed. Please visit their website at www.studio-shed.com to view their current and “coming soon” shed lines. During this project we installed an external French door, windows, external wainscoting, and the siding/trim.
Hints and tips:
1) When replacing an external door, don’t just replace the door, replace the entire encasement/door and purchase a pre-hung door. Due to shifting, replacing the door only will take more time than removing the old encasement.
2) Installing the door perfectly square is essential and shims are your friends in this process
3) Always seal the foot plate of an external door with a liquid nail product in order to ensure moister stays out.
4) Take the door off the hinge for easier encasement installment
5) When insulating a newly installed door, beware of the expanding foam as it may create too much pressure on the encasement
If you need doors or windows installed, or any other project around the home or business, click the “contact” tab to the right and let Screw Loose? LLC take care of the rest.
Thanks for your time, I hope this helps………………………………..