Happy 4th of July!
As we head into the “dog days” of summer, sometimes the heat, intense sun and severe weather can damage our properties as much as the winter months. Here are some tips to help your house make it through the heat of the summer.
1) Check all exterior walls for peeling or cracked paint. Typically, paint on South and west facing wall deteriorate faster and requires more frequent maintenance.
2) Inspect brick or masonry for cracks or missing mortar, repair with fresh mortar, or concrete caulk.
3) Inspect roofing material for cracks and loose or missing shingles, repairing as necessary. check for leak evidence if you are able to access attic and view roof from underneath.
4) Inspect the operation of automatic light timers and motion detector systems, especially if you are going to be on a vacation.
5) Prune trees and shrubs away from house so they do not make contact with roof or siding.
6) Clean and repair cracks in driveways using an epoxy patching material. use asphalt patch in driveways and repeat this every other year.
If you need any assistance with the above tips or would like a home consult for any other home project needs, click the “contact” tab on the right and let Screw Loose? LLC take care of the rest.
Thanks for your time, I hope this helps……….