If you live in Colorado, you know winter could be rapidly approaching, or not….Fall could last a month, or summer could push fall right into winter. Your home should not pay for these inconsistent patterns. The following are this months priorities.
Change your furnace filter, This should be done at least every 3 months.
Below are some other proactive home maintenance tips that should be done during the month of September.
1) Prune shrubs and trees, especially if they are intruding on your homes roof and exterior walls. This is especially crucial if those early snow storms roll in before the leaves have fallen from the trees.
2) Paint those interior rooms you have been putting off because of the heat. do it now before it is too cold to leave the windows open.
3) Check heating systems including filters, pilot lights and burners, having system serviced and reviewed by a qualified professional.
4) Remove window air conditioners and if they are not removable, cover them with plastic or cover for winter protection.
5) Check for proper soil grading away from your house. This will ensure no water seeps through foundation cracks.
6) Look for end of season sales on yard and lawn equipment. There is a lot more yard work to do before the heart of winter.
7) If you have them, start assessing your storm windows and repair as needed.
If you would like to tackle some of the projects above, click the “contact” tab to the right and let Screw Loose? LLC take care of the rest.
Thanks for your time, I hope this helps………………………………..